1 Glass of Red Wine In Your 3rd Trimester?

I've heard and known people who say it's okay to have one glass of red wine with dinner in your third trimester. What are the "rules" on that? Is there a certain kind? Does it matter if it's Merlot or Cabernet or some fruity berry? What week is it okay to do it? Has anyone else heard anything about it?

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just to let you know people are going to tell you never ever are you supposed to consume alcohol. but as far as i know a glass of any red wine is ok as long as its one glass and as far as what week i have no idea, you can ask your doctor? its better to get their opinion than any of ours. but i think as long as your in the third trimester you should be fine..
    Anonymous

• red wine is really good for ur uterus, some ppl will have a stroke here when they read this and tell u omg what are you thinking alcohol..lol. but really it helps ur uterus, i mean u can look it up if u dont believe me. ive drank 4 oz, every day in my last trimester with my last baby and hes perfect in every way.my ob was the one who okd it and told me abou tit being ood for ur uterus.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it mathers i had even a glass of beer once in a while and my babies are just fine.
    Anonymous

• my ob said you can have up to 2 beers and it wont hurt the baby, wine is safer esp red wine to drink while ur pregnant.
    Anonymous

• People will probably freak out on you for asking this! :) I had a glass of wine, well I tried but my acid reflux was terrible. I had a glass at my baby shower three weeks before giving birth and she was just fine. My doctor gave me the ok and said it would be good for my nerves and circulation. It is your decision.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• red wine like a pp said is good for your uterus, im sure ur ob will tell you the same thing, and u can drink 6 oz.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• she asked what kind of red wine people!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone! I'm not a big drinker, but it's good to know. I know alot of other people who drank a glass on holidays and I know there are alot of critics out there. (So far I haven't gotten any poor responses)
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I did have a little merlot last weekend and it was very good LOL. Helped me relax alot and I haven't done that in a while.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2009