Hey Ladies I need some advice..

I know Im insecure I shouldnt go through my bfs email but whatever I did and he is on a yahoo relationship finder thing which i new about it the beginng but when he gets emails saying "we found 13 new matches for you" He looks at them.. Im just wondering that he must not be happy with me if he has to look at them. we have a son together and he says he loves me everyday.. but I feel like he is still looking for that special someone.. please dont leave hurtful comments.. I dont need to feel worse than I already do..

cheermickey

Asked by cheermickey at 2:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I know it's hard not ot jump to conclusions when you see something like this, but you have to take a step back and think like a man ( so to speak). I am sure your BF loves you more than anything in the world but men are creatures of habit and if he had this subscription before he met you he may just open them out of habit or it may just be a curiousity thing. Either way I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    Lacymarie

Answer by Lacymarie at 2:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Well, I guess my first question is are you sure he looks at them, or do they just look like they're read when he deletes them? I know I, personally, had an eharmony account, and I still get e-mails from them, but I never read them, I just delete them. But my e-mail marks them as read just b/c I delete them. I've tried to cancel my acct, but I can't remember my password, and haven't gotten around to having them reset it so I can delete the acct. But, I'm happy with my guy.

My next question would be have you told him how you feel? It could just be a curiosity thing, that he's just curious as to who they would set him up with, not b/c he actually wants to be with someone else, but just b/c he wonders who someone else thinks he should be with, if that makes sense. I'd sit down and talk to him, tell him how you feel, and see what he says. Take it from there. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Trust ur man. And trust urself. When he stops telling you that he loves you and start tripping on you then you should let ur insecurities take place. I am not saying that what he is doing is right but comin frm a single mother make sure that he never stop doing what he is suppose to do as a man and a father. Men are simple minded they don't think like women and you can't control him. But make sure you do right for ur son and bf. Whatever is done in the dark will come to light. Start telling urself that he is not doing wrg and take it from there.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Your boyfriend should not have a yahoo personals account for any reason. That would be the deal breaker for me. Child or not. You deserve a man to treat you with respect and be loya.
    Anonymous

• let me tell u I look through my fiances phone and email, facebook and myspace and bank account ALLLLLL the time!! Is it a trust issue yes and no I feel like i should be able to look at these things if he has nothing to hide we will become one soon enough and he has access to all of my same account with the exception of cafemom but if he asked i would let him see it cuz i have nothing to hide we have a very open relationship if there was ever a time that he would get upset i guess then i would suspect something but we don't hide anything from each other if i see something i don't like i let him know it's all about communication and letting him know how you feel be honest ask him why he has these accounts still open and if he would delete them if he says no i would ask why if he doesnt have a good answer then he might be up to no good but i feel it's ur right to know what he's up to as it is his right to know what u r up to
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 2:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• He has all my account info's too
    cheermickey

Answer by cheermickey at 2:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I hate to say it but this may be trouble. I would tell him what you found and very nicely ask him to make sure that his account is closed so that he doesn't get anymore emails like this. If he laughs your concern off or gets angry then you have a reason to worry. If he immediately apologizes adn agrees to delete it then all is well. Been here myself, so I speak from experience, the bad kind.
    JMHtimes2

Answer by JMHtimes2 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2009