marriage

i hate to ask this but arent any of you married????can you say birth control.whats up with this.it kind of makes me scared for when my daughter grows up....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• if i had it my way we would be.. and you can still get prego on birth control.
    Anonymous

• I am married, have been for more than 44 years, and I believe it's the only way to go! I love my husband and I love my life. We've had our troubles, but we commited to a lifetime together and we have enjoyed our time together. That's what you need to teach your daughter. No sex before marriage. Look for a man who has character, who wants to be married, who wants to have a family, and who loves you for who you are not what you can supply him with. Teach her not to settle for anything less. Tell her it will be worth the wait. Tell her she will spare herself all kinds of emotional and psychological problems, not to mention all kinds of personal drama and troubles. Encourage her to bring her friends home and go with her wherever she needs to go. Protect her from the sex crazed for as long as you possibly can. Hopefully by that time, she will be strong enough to resist them on her own. My children were and did.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• so your concerned about couples having a child but not being married?!....im not married yet, i have every intention of being married to my sons father, but marriage wont change anything in my relationship so i dont see why its a major deal..its a legal document...doesnt really change what i feel....i know alotta people feel that way. Marriage unfortunately isnt as sacred as it used to be!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• yes Im married. Got married in high school, when I was 18, and we have been HAPPILY married for 13 years. We of course have had our rough spots what couple doesn't but we love our life, we love each other, and we work well together. you have to teach your daughter to look for strength of character in a man. Someone who respects women in general, and who complements her as a person.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes, I am married. Don't worry for your dd, if you instill your beliefs in her she has a better chance of marriage before children. There are still people who believe marriage is sacred, and more than just a legal document. To my husband and I it is a bond that nobody can break.
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean so many women on here
    play house
    before the ring is on their finger, or they will say that "it is just a piece of paper"

Don't worry about your DD...Just keep talking to her at all ages and instill
    good morals and hopefully she will remember your words.

Teach your child to respect herself and others...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Marriage does change the relationship. It makes it deeper and more meaningful. When you have that ring on your finger and you know that he was willing to dedicate his life to you and the children you bring forth, it will change how you feel about him. People who think it's just a piece of paper have never been married, or did not take it seriously. My marriage is more than a piece of paper.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I really want to be married.. I am sick of all these tv shows that constantly remind me that I am not. I love who I am with but I dont know why he hasnt asked me yet..
    Anonymous

• Tell him how you feel and ask him what he sees in the future for the two of you.

If marriage is not in his plans, you need to rethink the relationship..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Why are you scared for your daughter? Are you scared she won't get married before she has a baby? That wouldn't be on anyone but her, not even you. Or are you scared she will be next to an unwed mother? Trust me, you cannot catch it. Maybe you are scared for her because you are sure that society is in control of raising her? Or that she will say, gee, I love him, he loves me we are committed to each other and we are fine having a baby without a piece of paper? Or maybe because one day she decides to have a baby, and doesn't need a man.

BTW, I'm married. With girls and boys. And I am scared for them because of all of the intolerance and judgment in the world that won't allow them to live their lives for what is good for them.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009