4 month old having problems sleeping through the night?

My son is 4 months old and will not sleep for long periods at night, this wouldn't really be an issue except that he started sleeping through the night (7-8 hrs) at a month old and recently has stoped. I started when he got sick about 3 weeks ago but he is now over his sickness. I have upped his intake of formula to 6 oz now and started giving him a little baby food. Could this just be a growing spurt or do you think he could be waking up out of habit from being sick? Any advise would be appricated!

Katie0224

Asked by Katie0224 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• teething, hungry, growing<<<
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Its mostly from him being sick. My son is like that when he's not feeling good, then for a few weeks after he gets better. Just give it time, he'll get back to his normal sleep routine.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It's more uncommon for them NOT to change the sleeping pattern! They sleep when they sleep despite what you do, not because of it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009