Breast feeding question for my friend...

A friend of mine has a little boy who is almost 7 months old. She's been exclusively breast-feeding him so far. He will not take a bottle. She's tried pumping, and he will not eat it. He won't eat baby food or anything. Her and her husband have been having some marital problems and they really want/need a weekend just to themselves to try to work out their relationship. Her mom was going to watch her baby, but she doesn't know what to do about his eating. Any suggestions to get him to take a bottle? She doesn't want to use formula, she just wants him to take a bottle so they can have some time to themselves. Thanks ladies!

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Who's giving the bottle? If it's the child's mother, THAT is the problem. So hand the baby over, LEAVE. When he's hungry he WILL eat. They NEVER starve themselves.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Try different bottle nipples..it can get kinda expensive, but it took awhile before i found the type of nipple my son would use!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• As long as her mom is patient and willing to tough it out I think he will eventually get the hang of a bottle while she is gone. It is much better for the baby to take abottle from someone besides her. Most BF mothers cant get the baby to take a bottle from them. If he gets hungry he will eat. she can't sacrifice her marriage to nursing, tell her to leave pumped milk, the baby will be fine and to have some time with her husband to reconnect.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I don't know, my son would never take a bottle. I nursed & planned to be home within a few hours. I couldn't leave my baby to cry for hours wanting me.
    Anonymous