how do you potty train a 2 year old boy

i need help potty training my 2year old son

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 2 and potty trained (yea!). I had him throw the diapers away and put him in underwear. I just kinda did it. I kept on him and asking if he needed to go and giving him lots of liquids. For some reson he refused to pee sitting down so when we tried it standing he actually went! LOL good luck with whatever you do :)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 2:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My son saw his daddy going and went over and coppied him. He will use the potty now but only if I have him in a t shirt only. If he is wearing his pull ups he may use the potty but chances are he will just go in the pull ups. So we are still work in progress but we are getting better at it. I do have to admit the big plus was him watching his daddy. So if you have a boy, have him watch his daddy.
    AidensMommy723

Answer by AidensMommy723 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I took my son every 20 minutes to the potty and sat him there for 5 minutes. I did use underwears, so he would feel wet and not like it and explained why he had to use the potty. I would say peepee in the potty. And eventually during the 20 mins intervals he went at some point. Rewarded him with cheers or anything you can think of. It is not an easy task, especially if you are working out of the house. But the key is consistency and determination. Eventually he will go standing up, but since they do not reach the toilet yet, have him sit in the potty. they have the cup so it does not spare outside. Good luck and stick to it.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2009