Need a small OBGYN practice in Columbia SC.

I live in Columbia SC and the big thing in OBGYN's is for you to see many of doctors during your pregnancy. My first child, the center I went to had 8 different doctors and I never made a connection with anyone because there were just so many people to meet and get used to! I understand why many OBGYN's have so many (so you never have to hunt your doctor down) but I dont like it one bit. I dont easily open up to people so this was just a nightmare. Does anyone know of a doctor or 2 doctors in a practice and those are the only people that you will see???Remember im in Columbia SC.

sm_fuller

Asked by sm_fuller at 2:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm in Columbia, SC, too. Actually live in Irmo. I'm using the midwives at Lexington Medical and I think there are five or six of them and I do see a different one each time, so I'm really not much of a help to you. One thing about a doctor you see every time - my SIL just had her baby last week. She saw the same doctor every time and then at her last appointment her doctor said - oh by the way, I'll be out of town again - sure enough the baby came while she was at a conference. The on call doctor was there for a lot of the time, but then his shift was over and she ended up being delivered by the midwife. My MIL was there near the end and said the midwife was phenomenal.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• it sounds like to me you want more personal experience. well, you're probably not going to get one w/ any size ob/gyn practice. if you want to have a more one on one w/ someone, i would look towards having a midwife. you can have your baby at home, a birthing center, or some are in a hospital. check out http://www.covenantbirthcenter.com/ and http://www.womenphysiciansassoc.com/?param1={KeyWord:Maternity%20Care%20in%20SC}
    Anonymous