When can...

When can I start letting my son sleep with a pillow? For his naps I let him have his teddy bear to snuggle with and he is always laying his head on it or on his arm...would it be okay to let him use one? He is 5 1/2 months old and can roll both ways.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't give my daughter a pillow until she was two. Under a year old, it's just too much of a hazard, I think. I wouldn't want to risk SIDS.
    Anonymous

• my son is 10 1/2 months and we gave him a pillow about a month ago.. he is fine.. he is so strong he can throw it out of his crib along with his passy, bottle, and teddy too.. thats when we know he doesnt want to nap anymore.. lol
    cheermickey

Answer by cheermickey at 3:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Mine didn't have pillows until they were 2 years old, and sleeping in a regular bed.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009