If you are Pagan but not Wiccan ...

do you practice witchcraft or other forms of magick? ...again, just curious.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do, cottage witchcraft. I have never done ceremonial magick ("High Magick") and I don't feel it's something I'm interested in. I love low magick.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I do... When people ask I say I am a Eclectic Pagan Solitary Witch (depending on who I'm talking to I sometimes leave off the Witch bc that brings images to their head I'd rather not have). To me, witchcraft and spellwork is a lot like prayer in the Christian religion. However, I know Pagans who do not practice witchcraft; its not a "requirement" or anything!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I practice witchcraft and I study other practices as well. In our pagan meetings where I live we study as many paths and forms as we can find. Last week we had a Buddhist priest give a class on zen Buddhism. Next month we will learn about the Left hand path.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I wish I lived in a community that was more open to this. My daughter is Wiccan and I consider myself pagan. I was raised catholic and most of the ceremonies the catholics do they got from the pagan religion and just renamed them.
    lynda5

Answer by lynda5 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I don't personally but there are Heathens that read the futhark for divination.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• That is interesting notpanicking. Can you tell us more about the futhark?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I do, I practice witchcraft and love to study others. I'm a big fan of scrying and learning runes. I'm big on candle magick most of all but have been known to use other forms.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'm not a gothi, but there are tons of sites out there that can give you more info on the runes:

Here's the elder and the right way to make a set (you really shouldn't buy them).  He has a guide on how to read them, too, written more for non-Heathens.  There are dozens of books that go more indepth into how to cast them and read them, and those get into more of the faith-based intricacies.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I do, but some don't.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 5:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I do...mostly Cottage and Green Witchcraft. I'm interested in learning about other traditions of witchcraft too.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009