Need help answering some questions about lupus and family law.

I recently got released from my job , because according to my employer my medical condition prevented me to preform my job duties. I had been performing my job duties for the past six years with the same medical condition and four with restrictions from my doctor. My employer never gave a hard time and I continue to perform my duties like any other employee. One day I was informed that I was being placed on FMLA and later turned into termination. My union is involved but the whole thing is that I have lupus and have been unable to work graveyard due to my condition I have worked every other shift and did work graveyard then started getting ill. My doctor sent my employer a note indicating my situation and the employer was able to accommodate with no problem. One day they decide they could not accommodate me and because of my medical condition I was not able to perform my job duties. Funny I had and continued to work even aft

sanchez1959

Asked by sanchez1959 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I wanted to continue my question on family law. I wanted to know if anyone knows if my ex can just stop the child support when my son turned 18 or did he need to go through certain steps. When my son turned 18 his support just stopped with no explaination. I have no money to hire an attorney so maybe you ladies can direct me in the right cirection. Than you so much for your listening ear.
    sanchez1959

Answer by sanchez1959 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'm not a lawyer or anything, but the way I understand it child support stops at 18 unless you have a court order for it to go on longer.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009