i know no milk/goats milk.. BUT

what bout soy milk? like vs water use soy milk mixed with formula or just soy milk? not cause i cant afford formula and i could not breastfeed.. im just honestly curious oh and for my 6 month old almost 7 month old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Goats milk would probably be the best subsitute for formula if you need to use something else. Talk to your pediatrician about it first.
    I wouldn't do cows milk or soy milk as a substitute... it doesn't have the right nutrition that your baby needs.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Goats milk at this age is your best bet. My sister and brother were raised on goats milk, under supervision of their doctors. My mom could not find a formula that didn't make them sick. Soy milk would be ok but not until about 11 months.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The problem with all of those options is that they do not contain the nutrients that your baby needs during his first year of growth, especially iron. You could use goat's milk and supplement with vitamins and iron, but baby formula already has these ingredients, so I don't know why you wouldn't just stick with that for the first year. Plus, cow, goat and soy milks all have the potential to cause constipation and gas in a lot of babies. Just doesn't seem worth the risk to me if your baby is not getting sick & is perfectly fine drinking formula.
    Anonymous

• If u research goats milk it is NOT good for a baby. U must mix the formula with water not soy milk. NO substitutionns til after a year.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009