i just found out im 9 weeks pregnant with twins omg and this is my first pregnancy any advice?????

precious_j

Asked by precious_j at 3:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ha ha! Congrats! I didn't have twins so no advice but take it easy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Enjoy!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Be excited, you get a two for one deal. There are alot of stores that have affordable baby items as well. If you have family to help when you need a break that would help you.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Congrats. I always wanted twins, but did not have them..instead I have 3 kids. Just do some research and relate to other moms here who have twins. I am sure it is going to be lots of fun, but exhausting I am sure. Two of everything. Consider breastfeeding or bottle feeding breast milk as they will need the most nutrition and antibodies to grow healthy. Enjoy them.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• People if you haven't had twins, don't answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Advice from people who have had and what to expect.
    Anonymous

• Congrats!! Some advice I got while pg with twins was to try and gain the bulk of the weight early, because there's a greater chance of delivering early than with a singleton. Don't be afraid to have that cheeseburger and milkshake from McD's to do it, either. That one was taken straight from a book on twins, triplets and higher order multiples. If everything wasn't still in boxes from the move, I'd go find it for the exact title.

Take it easy. Be prepared to either stop working or work from home around 24 weeks. Some women can go longer, and I thought I would too. Oh, heck no! I was waddling too bad to make it the three blocks to the office, and got permission to work from home.

Plan your trip to the hospital early. Have a bag ready from week 32 until delivery. Take birthing classes early, too. You might go close to full term (36-38 weeks is closer to term for twins), but you might also go early.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I had twins 2 years ago. It was a huge shock and it scared me. If these are your first you will be ok. One of my nurses told me that she didn't know any different so she was content. Which I found to be true b/c I could handle my twins for the start my husband who had a single duaghter before was pulling his hair out.

Other advice is the eating part. I had a smaller frame and found with they way they sat I couldn't eat big meals, so I had 6 small meals in between. Just hang in there everything will be OK. It's not as bad as it feels right now.
    twinmommy416

Answer by twinmommy416 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2009