Does anybody else worry about what their kids behavior when they are not with you?

When my DD is with grandparents all I do is worry if she is being on good behavior. And for whatever reason, I don't really worry about it if she is with my mom but if she is with my dad or my in-laws, i worry the whole time about it and feel like I rush to go pick her up! And she is normally a good kid!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am the opposite with my child....He is an angel everywhere but with me. I hear all the time how he is just so good and well behaved...I am always like, What? My kid?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Nope - no worries here. I know my son well enough to trust his behavior when he's not with me. Plus, he's in preschool so he gets lots of time away from me and I get reports on his behavior. When he's at his dad's, I know he's on his best behavior.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My daughter is better with other people than she is at home. Plus my inlaws and my parents are the ones who spoiled her rotten, so if she acts up with them they deserve it. LOL Don't worry your in-laws will not think less of you as a parent if she acts up with them. They have kids so they should know that kids act up. If they do get upset then that is their problem, but most grandparents think their grandkids can do no wrong.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 3:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Absolutely! My dd has behavioral delays and I worry that she is doing something that would get her hurt or in trouble. Only I really understand her, and sometimes she even confuses me ;) lol

This is one of the reasons I took a job at the preschool I wanted to send her too, so I could keep an eye on her, and her teacher, she can be a frustrating child from time to time.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The most wonderful compliment I ever get is how well behaved my sons were/are. People have always commented about their phone manners, the fact they say "yes ma'm/sir" and "no ma'm/sir; please and thank you". I have always felt secure in knowing they behaved better away from home than at home, and they are pretty good here. Life is good!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No, I don't. He is well mannered and respectful, so I really don't worry and the people he would be with have permission to discipline him when he acts up.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No I don't worry. I've been complemented on how well behaved he is. It's the others I worry about.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• And to add to my post...by others...I mean...other adults and some kids..if I know them...but other adults...I just don't trust them...it's my nature...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009