My 3 year old has started whining & crying about everything......

What can I do to stop this? It grates on my nerves so bad!!!! Sometimes i feel like yelling and telling her to shut-up! Of course I don't, but I really feel like it!!!! She just started acting this way so i'm not use to it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yep, mine daughter started about 3, too. It is the age where they really want to push and see what they can get away with. I can tell you it does get better with time. Mine is 5 now, and she is still a drama queen, but doesn't pitch fits as much as she used to.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 3:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• IGNORE HER!!!!!!!! (the whining and crying). Tell her to "USE YOUR WORDS". Do NOT give her things when she whines or cries. I taught preschool for a long time and we did exactly this with kids as young as 18 months old. They learned quickly to not whine and to use their words. As toddlers, it may not have been understandable and they still pointed but they did stop whining.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2009