• In the Spotlight:

Semen?

I know it can soften the cervix, but when does that start to happen? Does something change in the third trimester to where it effects it?

Just wondering because my husband and I had sex all the time for the first two trimesters and then it slowed down a little in the third. My doctor never said anything about my cervix softening at all.

ours

Asked by ours at 3:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think it just happens over time i went into early labor because of the sperm softening my cervix at 30 week and they put me on pelvic rest for two weeks and it was always soft after that i just had to be careful i think it just happens over time and usually the doctor wont say anything unless it gets real bad and some women the sperm dont affect there cervix at all and have trouble with dilating all together it just depends on the person!!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 7:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009