baptism

how old is average for a baby to be baptized?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Depends on the religion. Some baptize just after the baby is born. Some will baptize as teens. Some baptize only after the person is old enough to decide for themselves.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 3:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'm not sure if it matters. I think it depends on your beliefs. Our son was 3 weeks, some wait until the child is older & can be more involved.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would highly recommend dedicating a baby (promising God and the church that you will raise the baby to follow God) and then allow them to decide to be baptized when they understand their faith, have accepted Jesus into their hearts, and want it for themselves.

That being said...I was baptized at 11 days old and then I was just baptized last Sunday(I wanted a believers baptism)
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 3:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• We had my oldest Son baptized when he was 7 months old (Catholic). We are now Pentecostal. We chose not to have our second 2 baptized as babies and just had them dedicated.

Anonymous

• by 2 weeks for a few of my children. We get them baptised as soon as possible.

*Catholic BTW*
    livingangle

Answer by livingangle at 5:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• (poster)

i am catholic, i forgot to add that. so i am getting that it is up to me when, and when the church is available. it is a big deal in my family because my grandma's priest agreed to do the baptism even though I am not married, which I guess is usually a requirement. thanks for all of your answers!
    Anonymous