my son's biological father isnt in his life..and i ready to get back out there but is it a good idea if i meet someone to bring them a round my son??

kaydensmom16

Asked by kaydensmom16 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• How old is your son? I wouldnt recommend bringing any one around your child unless your serious about them. Having a male figure come and go multiple times could hurt the child emotionally if theyre old enough to understand.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Not until you are serious about the guy. You dont' want a parade of "Uncle so-and-so's" going through your child's life. Wait until it's someone you think may be "it".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• ppl are around our children every day. Socialization is good for children as well as adults. Just let your son know (if he's old enough to understand) it's a friend. Kids understand the concept of friends and if it grows into something more significant then deal with it then all three can grow in the relationship together.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• keep your social life seperate until a man is for sure going to be a long term thing.
    If you do want to bring a man into your son's life, start out as telling your son you and "bob" are just friends, do not show signs of affection in front of your son. He will get jealous. When a boy has his mom all to himself, he doesn't like to share.
    start out with going to the park and have a picnic, go to the movies, have time with the 3 of you until your son warms up to "the other man".
    Also a red flag is when a man gets mad because you aren't letting them meet your kid(s) right away. When I was a single parent I kept my kids away from my dates.... 1 date got really upset about i t and then tried to bribe his way into meeting my kids buy bringing over an apple pie and wanted to give it to them personally....I saw through the gesture and told him I would give the treat to my kids.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• until you felt completely comfortable with a guy ,wait...dont rush in to things just so your son has a father figure...if you feel the guy is good enough go for it
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009