At what age do you think babies/toddlers can sit in shopping carts?

My baby is 6 months old and we use a shopping cart cover than helps him sit better. He CAN sit unsupported, though. But I am thinking maybe its still too early? He weighs only 15 pounds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It doesn't matter. As long as he can sit.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It depends entirely on the child.
    In general, if the child can sit unsupported, then it's fine. Just be sure to use the seat belt. Better yet, bring your own (you can buy or make one easily enough) and then you don' t have to worry about broken ones.

When did my child sit in the seat? 4 months old. I had a big, puffy seat cover, kept the seat flap up to cover the leg holes, used the seat belt, and wedged her in with pillows. She was thrilled! I though she'd get whip-lash from trying to see everything at once. She was sick of looking at the ceiling while I shopped.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I forgot to put this.... We started putting my son in the cart with a blanket to help support him when he was 4-5 months
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• We started at 5 months with just a blanket under her butt and buckled her in.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I think its whenever the child does well in it. My son was able to sit all the way up on his own at 7 months but for some reason he still never sat well in the shopping cart even with the cover. He would always end up slouched over sideways. He's 10 months now and will sit in it for a while but he just doesn't like it much.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My daughter will be six months old on the 26th, and she sits in it with the strap tightened around her so she won't wobble around. She can sit up, but she's not able to do it completely unsupported yet.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i started at 5 mos, hes 6 mos now and loves the view from the cart!
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009