I am wondering if you would do this?

would you priece your ear to have your ear lobe hang?
a guy ay work has 2 of them and he took it out and it had a really bad smell, it smelt like a dead animal which he said its from the sweat that was being held from those rings.
Ugh!!! i think its tacky but would you have that done or have your 16 yr have it done?
PS i am not bashing and i don't know what they are called your i would use the right term

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• talking about gauges? I wanted some that were the size of pencil erasers back in HS.. but i probably wouldnt do it now.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• They are called gauges or stretched lobes. I used to have mine stretched to an 8. I didn't pierce it big...I slowly stretched it bigger. And, any earring hole stinks if you don't get the soap and water in and around the earring. Wear some earrings for awhile and then take them out and smell them..Stinky.
    Anonymous

• No, I think they are gross, and they look disgusting. I've heard them called plugs. idk what they are really called.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 3:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• plugs, tapers, and gauges are what the jewelery is called.
    Anonymous

• i had mine done when i was younger, they were a 00, and they do get stinky if you dont take care of them.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, but I think they are disgusting!
    Anonymous

• Wouldn't do it and if my childern choose to do it at 18 yrs old i guess i am just going to have to deal with it but i don't think it looks great really
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 4:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I wonder if they go back to normal after you stretch them or do you have to get them cut to be back to normal?
    Anonymous

• For Anon :24
    How would cutting them make them be normal?

If you stretch them properly and go up size by size, waiting in between sizes for your ears to heal, then yes when you take them out they will shrink down to regular size. I had mine at a 6 and you can't even tell anymore.
    However, if you skip sizes and create scar tissue, then your ears will never be normal again, even if they shrink down they will never be "normal" earring size again.

To the OP:
    Yes I would let my child do it, properly, so that if./when she decided she wanted them gone they would be like mine and you wouldn't be able to tell. Like anon :58 said, ANY earring hole is smelly if you don't clean it when the jewelry is in. Same as any other body piercing.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• its gross and pointless lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 6:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2009