Would you want to know if..

a relative passed away while you were on vacation? Im kind of shocked to hear a friend of mine..would rather not have known till she came home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I would want to know.

Mind you , yes it would ruin the vacation, but if I got home from a 2 week vacation and found out that a week ago grandpa, sister, friend, cousin, w/e had passed away and no one had told me, I would be F*ing PISSED
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes I would definitely want to know. Yes, it would mean leaving the vacation earlier than expected and going home. But guess what? You can take that vacation any time. If I missed the funeral of a loved-one because I was on vacation and no one wanted to tell me, I would be MAD.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• depends on how close I was to the person

Answer by admckenzie at 4:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie. If it were someone I was close to then yes I would want to know.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i can tell you that i am torn on this one! my uncle just died on sunday, and a huge chunk of my family i want to say about 30 people paid for a trip in full months ago and they still left on there vacation but heres the thing they did not tell my grandmother because they did not want to ruin her vacation mind you it is her first child to ever pass and when i heard they weren't going to tell her until tonight when they came back i was upset in a way because they were hidding something from her but i also thought about it this way, she is not missing anything the funeral isn't until this monday and tuesday, I think that if they would have told her she would have stayed home depressed and my uncle would not have wanted that for her if they were going to be gone for a while and she could possibly miss something then i would have a problem but seeing that she will be back in time there was no reason to ruin her vacation
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 5:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009