terrible 2s

my daughters favorite line is no mommy! she just turned two i wouldnt say she has hit the terrible twos stage but everyone keeps telling me its gonna get worse than no mommy. is that true? is no mommy really the start of it all? i think its so cute though when she says no mommy, she sounds so sweet but no good comes of it lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its starting! But the thing is, it can be worse in some kids than in others! My daughter who is now 5 was an angel compared to my 2 yr old son.... he is a little booger!!! Sometimes I wish that he was 4 so he would be completely OVER this terrible, horrible, miserable two's!!! Good luck!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• SPANK THEM
    Anonymous

• ha im not going to spank my daughter for saying no mommy. dont get me wrong i am a spanker but only when its really needed no mommy is not a reason to spank my child.
    Anonymous

• hitting never solved anything and simply instills fear....there are other ways that apanking! Its hard to hear my daughter say no but if she says it innocently then its not rebellion, its independence. She wants to see if she can do it alone. Mine is 16 months old and shakes her head at me. I dont spank her! I simply tell her ok if it is in refernce to her being full at dinner. If its a no to something she HAS to do then here's the problem....you're the parent....dont ASK them, TELL them. it teaches them that you are in charge without being forceful.. Let them know you mean it and be firm but supportive and definately compromise. It shows them that they have a voice and its ok to let their feelings be known but that you as the mom have one too. It will make her feel equal in the family....mine's a terror but compromise is letting my house see peaceful days!!!
    MiasMommy21

Answer by MiasMommy21 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i hear it gets worse.. my dd is approaching these at a year and a half. I agree, only spank when necessary, but for no mommy i guess just try to correct her??? Tell her yes mommy???? GL!!! My dd hasn't started that one yet...she's on "eeeeest" for please.... and i think it's the cutest thing! LOL

07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• man oh man, my son has just begun his terrible 2's. It's like he's been a completely different kid this week. His new favorite word is "no!" All the things that usually work to get him to do what he is told, have had absolutely no effect on him this week. He is driving me nuts!!
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009