Moms of twins, multiples or kids close in age: How do you do your grocery shopping?

I have a 6 month old and a 22 month old. I need to go grocery shopping for the first time alone. I need ideas. Should I take the double stroller and then grab a cart, or should I take 2 carts? How on earth would I be able to push 2 carts anyway? Or I could put the infant car seat inside the stroller, have my 22 month old on the cart but then there wont be any room for the groceries. Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wear my 3 month old in a carrier you can get one at walmart for like $25. I put my 16 month old in the cart.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• your 22 month should be able to walk, have him/her hold on to the cart. it takes a little longer this was but after the first few times is gets easier, i shopped with 3 under the age of 2 1/2
    kelly364

Answer by kelly364 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I have 2 boys. They are 1 & 2. I always go grocery shopping by myself because my husband works when I can shop. You have a few different options. When the youngest was smaller and lighter I would wear him and put the older one in the front of the cart. Now that he is older I put him in the front part and the older one in the back. Anyting that you dont want smashed you put under the cart and the things that won't be ruined if they are stepped on go into the cart. I always buy or bring a snack to keep him occupied so he won't move around so much. It's not that bad once you get the hang of it.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 5:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• go to walmart and get one of the toddler cart that seats 2 in front of the cart but the almost 2 year old there and then the baby in the carrier where she would seat in a normal cart where the buckle would be on a normal cart. and there you go.
    mommieward

Answer by mommieward at 7:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My girls are the same age gap as yours. Wear your little one in a sling or front carrier, put the toddler in the front seat of the cart. [I still don't own a double stroller with a 9 month-old and a 24 month-odl -- the baby Bjorn and single stroller have gotten us through). You can't push 2 carts and you can't push a double stroller and a cart. If you don't have a carrier or sling and don't want to invest in one this late (though my first daughter was fine in hers until about 12 months so it could still be worthwhile), you may have a grocery store with those carts with toy car attachments on the front? The toddler could sit in the car part, baby in the regular child seat. Good luck! It will get easier.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009