Is the PETA spokesperson on crack?

PETA is finally going after President Barack Obama for delivering capital punishment to a housefly on the White House grounds yesterday. When asked for comment, here's the statement PETA released:

"He isn't the Buddha, he's a human being and human beings have a long way to go before they think before they act."

**********

Are they for real? Do you think this person was serious (and thus IMO a crack addict; lol) or do you think it was a failed attempt at humor?

Please; please tell me PETA isn't crusading for "fly rights" now too...

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOLOLOL Omg- didnt take long!! What makes it funnier is that someone in the other post about this wondered if PETA would be outraged or not :P
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• ROFLMAO! Wow. I guess they have saved the sea kittens, what will the new term for house fly be?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• YES. Only PETA is allowed to kill animals. The rest of us are backwards primitives.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• LMAO!! I almost pissed my pants when I heard this on the news!!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• awww man does that mean they were actually serious and this wasn't some off the cuff remark because someone was caught off guard when asked for a response?

House flys only live like 24hrs in the first place right? How do they know it wasn't on it's last few flaps and was looking for someone to end it all! lmao
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Maybe it's was really a baby bird Quinn...lol. We don't want to kill the "baby birds" that contaminate our food and buzz around our faces, now do we? LOL, the people at PETA are off their rockers.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• april fools

Anonymous

• What was funnier was when they were slaying a chicken in the backround when sarah palin was talkin on tv.....HILARIOUS!! Of course everyone was mad but I died laughin!!
    Anonymous

• It was a turkey wasn't it?
    Anonymous

• PETA is stupid.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 5:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009