should I worry about the extra amniotic fluid?

my doctor did a sonogram on me for extra amniotic fluid. Sure enough I have extra and the kidneys were kind of full on the baby when she checked him.. I know he will probably wanna talk about it when i see him in two weeks.. just kinda worried and need some advice

Cameolynn

Asked by Cameolynn at 4:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had too much fluid with my oldest. My OB had me get NST's 2x a week and an U/S 1x a week. If you research it, you are likely to scare yourself lol. Most cases there turns out to be nothing wrong with the baby, and no known cause for it.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• What is a NST?
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 4:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• non stress test, just get hooked up to monitors for about an hour to make sure the baby isnt in distress and ur not havng contractions.
    i had it with my last and this one..with my last he never dropped and it caused alot of pain. it was scar when my water broke everyone including my ob was like omg..with this baby its doin the complete opposite causing preterm labor..
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am totally scared of what the doc might say the next time i see him.. Is there anything they can do for it??
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 5:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If there is way too much fluid like I had, they do an amnio reduction. It's kind of like an amniocentesis, only they take out a lot more fluid. I had 2 L removed when I had mine done.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 6:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2009