Mirena

Does anyone have the mirena iud? Do you like it? Is it effective? Any problems?!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have had it for almost 2 years now. I absolutely love it, no problems or pregnancies so far. I have shorter, lighter periods. No cramping or PMS what-so-ever. I spotted lightly for 6 months after it was placed, a panty liner took care of it. after that my periods regulated out. I had very minor cramping the day it was placed, the doctor will tell you to take some Ibuprofen before you come in to lessen the cramps.

You are going to hear both positive && negative stories about this, b/c just like with any other form of birth control, it's not right for everyone.

You can go to www.mirena-us.com to look at the pros && cons for yourself.

My advice is to get it && see how it works for you. You can always have it removed if it causes any problems.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I have one, had it almost a year. I love it. The only problem I had was 2 weeks ago it got dislodged and I had to go into my dr.s and have them re-place it. Didn't hurt, just caused cramping and bleeding for a few days. Other then that no problems, and no period since they put it in. I'd recommend it to anyone!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I HATED IT!!!! i had it for almost 3 years and then it started to hurt to even move.... turns out it undid itself and was growning in the side of my uteran wall!!!! it hurt so bad! i had to have surgery to get it out and was almost not gonna be able to have children after that!!!! i would never get and NEVER recomend ANYONE to get it...... My friends and family that had it have also had the same complaints! Another thing is when i had it in and everything was right it would hurt to have sex... when my partner would even barely touch it with the tip of hi penis it HURT so bad.... feeling like he was pulling my insides out!!!! When i went to the dr. she said it was normal...
    mamide3-a-l-j

Answer by mamide3-a-l-j at 7:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I recently had it put in. It was uncomfortable having the procedure done. I have been spotting but as someone else said it can be taken care of with a pantie liner. I like that you don't have to worry about taking birth control. I am also currently breast feeding and i have not noticed that it decreased my milk supply like birth control pills do. Overall so far I am happy with it but havent had it for too long.
    lovemyzoe

Answer by lovemyzoe at 9:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009