I am a teen parent i am 16, & 16 weeks pregnant and i am scared because i havent told my mom yet i dont wont to hurt her. But i have 2 tell her how do i do it??

I have told my baby fathers mom & dad they aren't mad or anything. But my family is a little different though they will blow it out of proportion because i am young. But age doesn't determine my ability of becoming a good parent to my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe your bf's parents (or his mother) can be with you when you tell your mother.
    I know it is going to be hard... infact most likely one of the hardest things you may ever have to do, but as you even said.. you do have to tell her...
    And there is no good day or time to do something like this... I wish you all the Luck ... with your mother and with your baby...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I got preg. with my first son at 16. It was difficult but I sat down with my then fiance and told her that we were expecting a baby. She was mad but she got over it the day she saw him on the ultra sound screen. And now he's her bestest bud.

If you need someone to talk to that won't judge please feel free to talk to me about anything and everything.
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You walk into the room that your mom is in. Hopefully she is sitting down. and then you say, "mom, can we talk?" ...and hopefully she says yes and then you say, "I have something important to tell you. ...You're gonna be a grandma!"

really there's no good way to put it. ...age does in some ways determine if you are going to be a good parent. Not in the sense of emotionality or muturity but financially. But good luck to you! I am not in any way trying to bash or anything. ...But it is most likely you will be on PA which doesnt necessirly make you a bad mom by in means (i was a welfare child until i was 12) But it certianly does limit what you can do for your child as his or her parent.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• you need to tell them soon and age does have a lot to do with how good of a parent you will be. You are way to young and should consider giving the baby up for adoption, so that it can have a stable life and then don't have sex until you are ready to have a baby.
    Anonymous

• Tell them by yourself, don't have your boyfriend or boyfriends parents there, your parents might say things that they will regret later.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 5:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• What ever you do DO NOT bring the other parents into it, my advice to you is to come to them with a plan! How you plan on taking care of your child reasure them that you plan to take responsiblity for your child and don't plan to make it there responsiblity if your bf doesn't have a job he needs to get one maybe more and you guys need to start showing them you are going to try your hardest to do it on your own! The reason I say just to tell them with just the two of you there is because they are more likely to say everything that they want to say and not hold back if you bring the other parents into there space they are more likely to blow up on you when you are alone, also be prepared for them to say things that they don't mean! you have to be strong! good luck!
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 5:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• So you have someone who is going to pay for this kid as he/she grows up? It takes more than being a good person to be a good parent.
    You will just have to tell them, outright.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• you need to tell her the longer you wait the more she will be hurt so just tell her
    mom2bedec2009

Answer by mom2bedec2009 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree, I would go to your mom with a plan.. Let her know you have thought things through and want to make it your responsibility and not hers to take care of the baby. I would also pray for guidance and just let your mom know that you love her. The longer you wait the more upset your mom wil be. especially now that you are 16 weeks along .. your bound to start showing soon. Who knows, your mom may actually take the news better than you think
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 6:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Ugh my sister told my mom while I was out at work (I was 17). I came and felt the tension in the house. I went to bed without talking to anybody. My mom came into my room one night and hugged me and told me the baby and I could stay with her and that this didn't mean I had to be with the father lol. She grew excited about the baby after she saw the 22 week ultrasound. If I were you, I would do it alone. The bf there could stir up anger. Just let her know you've made up your mind and you're going to have this baby. Good luck!
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 6:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2009