When is a good time to bottle break?

My son will be 1 in July and I really want to take the bottle away at 1 year as well as the binkie but my hubby said that there is probably no way he will give up the bottle and binkie at the same time.... so at 1 Im thinking of taking the bottle because he WILL drink out of a sippy has since he was 4 months but just wanting opinions as to when is a good time to bottle break.....

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 5:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he will drink out of a Sippy then I would start taking the bottle away now. You can either do it slowly (bottle in the morning at night but sippy during the day) or just do it all at once. My little guy will also be 1 in July and he is almost totally off the bottle now. He occasionally gets really fussy (2 teeth coming in) during the day and i'll give him one but for the most part he is on whole milk with a sippy.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 5:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I took the bottle away from all 4 my kids as soon as they turned one and they did fine with it they did not even look for it I think the younger the easier.
    mom2four25

Answer by mom2four25 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• bottle first.

Do it as soon as you can...I started with not giving it throughout the day, then not giving it in the mornings, and 2 days ago was the first time I took it away for dinner.

She refused milk in her sippy cup, but yesterday morning she took milk in her sippy in the morning, so I tried it with dinner last night, and as soon as she took it I through away her bottles. She is completely weened! Yay!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Sorry, I THREW away her bottles.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I threw away DD's bottles also. She hasn't had a bottle since Sunday. I think that is the best way to do it, but that is just my opinion. She just turned a year on the 10th.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009