Will my breasts always be this sore?

Will my breasts and nipples be this sore the entire time I am breastfeeding?

hipmom8523

Asked by hipmom8523 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Usually around 6-8 weeks you start to get used to it and your supply evens out. It does get better so just keep at it and remember women have been feeding their children this way for thousands of years and we survived as a species!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• How long have you been breastfeeding? If it's only been a few weeks, that's normal and it does get better. If it's been several weeks, then that may indicate a problem.
    Kathryn620

Answer by Kathryn620 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No it gets better after a couple weeks.. It took around two and a half weeks for me.. Hang in there..!
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• NO. I wondered the same thing. It seemed to more I breastfed, the more my nipples hurt. My nipples hurt for the first 4-6 weeks of breastfeeding. I did find that lanolin that comes in a lavender colored tube and is found in the baby section, helped out tremedously. I used it after every feeding.
    PapooseMom

Answer by PapooseMom at 5:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Well the baby is a month old right, well they should not be that sore still unless your boobs are just very sensitive, you are not latching on correctly, removing the baby without breaking the suction first, or it could be an infection or clogged duct
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009