baby name!!!! please help!

i have had several thoughts on a boy name... I like brayden but im not sure..
the baby's last name is belton.... any suggestions. please! i want others opinions. i know i have to live with the name forever, i just am not sure i have thought of every name possible.
thanks alot!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You have to live with the name forever? What about your child. They are the one who will be ridiculed daily if you give them a dopey name. I hate it how people always want to give their kids wacky names because they want to be "different" Grrrrr
    As for your question, I didn't pick out my first baby's name till after he was born. After I had seen him and heard him cry. We ended up naming him Nicholas because he was born in Dec and was a chubby baby. (St. Nick) Anyway, get a baby name book, one of those that has the meanings in it. Check out the names that match your heritage or your lifestyle. Then start checking the ones you like and and see what they sound like with your last name.
    Personally I don't like Brayden, reminds me of a horse, and it sounds funny with your last name. JMO- You asked for it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• oh my!!! i know my child will have to live with it for the rest of his life., i was just saying i will have to like the name i give my child as well!!! thanks for your opinion though.
    Anonymous

• My best friends brother is named Brayden and I love it
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i dont like the name brayden, someone in our family named her son that and everyone didnt like it. buuut its your son and many people like it. if you are changing your mind cause others dont like it, dont change it. If i have a girl one day i want to name her Oliva, My mom told me thats a fat girls name...but i dont care. its hard to give examples of name because i dont know what you like...sorry
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 5:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Braydon Belton does sound a little odd together.I do like the name Braydon though.But it you'll probably get used to it after awhile,as will everyone else.We had a really hard time naming our daughter.Poor thing didn't have a name till 2 days after she was born..and we started looking at and writing down names not long after we found out we were pregnant,lol.I like the names Dominic and Andrew for boy names.Good luck and happy baby name searching!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Brayden is fine, but it feels a little too balanced with the last name (I'm not sure why that feel funny to me, but it does). If you like to have the same first and last initial, then maybe Brice - just don't use an "O" or an "I" name for the middle because then he will be B.O.B. or B.I.B.!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Here are a few alternatives...
    Jalen
    Caden
    Landon
    Cooper
    Bryson
    Carter
    Cole
    Dean
    Dawson
    Garrett
    Grady
    Jack
    Jett
    Leander
    Logan
    Max
    Noah
    Ross
    Spencer
    Trevor
    Trent
    Wyatt

Please do not name him TUCKER!!!! Tucker Belton<--sounds like tuck your belt in!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• There are A LOT of kids with the ending "aiden"

Kayden
    Braiden
    Aiden
    Jayden

Please pick something more original that means something to you!
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Rebecca 727 that 's hilarious!!! I seriously LMAO when I read that. But anyhow I love Aiden that's my fav boy name ever!11
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 9:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009