HPT

I am 1 week late for my monthly. I took a test earlier and it had the faint line. My question is...don't all tests always show a little faint line for the positive line no matter what? On every test I have ever taken there's been a faint line.

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 5:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if there is a faint line, that normally means that it is positive, no matter how light the line is....it all depends on how much of the hormone you have currently in your body. And it varies with the brand of test you are taking...
    Anonymous

• I guess it depends on your hormone level and the test itself. With my son it was bold and instant, with my girls, it was faint but there.
    Anonymous

• no most dont show a pos line, unless your pregnant. are you using the test like it says on the directions? thats a biggie, if you dont do it just right it could show a false pos or false neg. and if your are doing it right and still gettin a faint line i would go to the doc just to make sure.. good luck!
    Anonymous

• With my 1st daughter I kept on getting negative tests till I was like 6 months along (never wanted to go to the Dr cuz I was a senior in high school) and with my 2nd one I started getting sick the next morning so I knew what was going on. I have been getting sick the last couple weeks and the smell of some foods makes me extremely nauseous. I have been getting migraines and I never get migraines. But when I took the test earlier it had a faint line. I'm hoping but idk how I would tell DH.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 5:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Im not sure about the line, but the dr. told me it takes up to 10 days after conception to show positive on at test after he tested me and it showed negative and a few days later i took a home test and it was positive. he said the fertilized egg has to implant on the uterine wall before it will come back positive.....if it's been at least 10 days since the sex I'd take another one and see what it says, if it hasn't been 10 days, I'd wait a few more days before taking another one! :)
    thaddysmom

Answer by thaddysmom at 6:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2009