Palin vs. Letterman

As we all are aware of David Letterman cracked a joke about Palin's daughter saying, "At a Yankees game she was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez in the 7th inning". Now people are calling him a pervert and rallying for him to be terminated. Palin, after hitting up every TV talk show, finally got her apology. Do you think it went to far? Should Letterman have a punishment or do you think Palin is trying to get out there again?

Lauren24

Asked by Lauren24 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Letterman shouldn't be PUNISHED, but an apology was required. And I don't think Palin is trying to get out there again-- she's merely standing up for her MINOR daughter who was verbally attacked by Letterman.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 5:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If Letterman was disrespectful then he should apologize. No matter if this means publicity for Palin.
    Anonymous

• How old is her daughter?
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Palin is using her kids to appeal to the public again. She is the reason I didn't vote for McCain. She is just making a big deal about it because she wants the publicity.
    I don't like him either, but SHE went to far.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Palin needs go somewhere and sit down.
    Anonymous

• She is 17 I think...
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• the younger dd is 14 (the one that attended the game with her) and the one that had the baby is 18. When letterman told the joke he did not distinguish which DD he was referring to, but the 14 y.o was the one at the game. His defenders say that he was referring to the older one, however she was not at the game and was likely not even in the state at the time. Palin defenders say he shouldn't talk about any of Palin's kids, regardless of age.
    Speaking as a mother, I feel the same as Palin defenders, yet I don't care what was said about Sarah Palin herself, just about the DD "joke".
    Anonymous

• I REALLY do NOT understand why people on here, moms in fact, think Sarah Palin is at fault for blowing this out of proportion. Why do people feel Sarah Palin is using this for publicity!??? Are you serious?

I think he should be fired (I also think Jamie Foxx should be too for what he said about Miley Cryus). Attacking our youth as a grown adult is disturbing, whether you think it is a joke or not! not acceptable. What kind of world is this turning into where "comedians" slander little girls in a sexual manner??? HELLO?? Don Imus was fired for his comments. Rightfully so. Where are Al Sharpton and all the "equal" opportunists now??? right...blaming Palin for defending her daughter and calling Letterman out for what he is....a perverted old man!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 6:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Letterman needs to tender a real apology to Palin on behalf of her minor daughter, and he needs to tender a real apology to Alex Rodriguez for implying that he is a pedophile who would rape a 14 year old child.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• How old is her daughter?

14. Twenty years younger than ARod. And they were both owed an apology on that one. Wonder if he'll be doing Letterman's show any time soon.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009