I am so sad and depress.

I am so depress because my husband lost his job and I didn't currently work. We are up to our last savings and I don't know how we will do to earn money. I am not looking to invest in any home base business. WE have been looking for jobs but can't seem to find anything. I really don't know what to do anymore. I am receving food stamps but I need to make money for everything else. I am very stressed out. Another thing that bothered me was that my father inlaw called my husband today and ask him for money, my husband explain to him that he can't and to ask his other kids for money because they can help him. To make a long story short they got into a argument. I asked my husband if he' okay and is he mad, I asked him what happened. He told me it wasn't my business. He has never told me that in my life. I felt so hurt. I am already feeling bad as is. I

goodmama

Asked by goodmama at 5:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• My SO lost his job a couple months ago, so I kinda know what you're goin through. It's hard to find a job anywhere now. I think your hubby may be so upset, and this is just a guess, but maybe when he told his dad he couldn't help, he (dad) pulled the when you were younger and asked me for something....That would make my SO upset and he'd tell me it's none of my business too, but don't take it personally hon. He didn't really mean it. As for the rest, take it one day at a time and it will work itself out. There may be some hard days ahead, but you've got each other and that won't always put food on the table, gas in the car, or pay a bill, but it will give you each the strength to keep on keepin on!
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you or your spouse have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (&dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I can sympathize w/you. I hurt my back and am so scared of what lies ahead. I am/was the main provider in my family, my poor hubby is trying but his hours are cut. I am in deep we are running out of money... FAST!!! Sorry you are going through this too, I wouldn't wish this on any family. You will find a way though, we all have too. Best of luck and keep your head up hun!
    mama060297

Answer by mama060297 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009