how long does it take to cook pinto beans on the stove

I forgot to put them on the stove this morning. I have about 2 1/2 hours till my hubby gets home. Will they be done??? I have done this many times before, but I really cant remember now. Help quickly please.

nicky5053

Asked by nicky5053 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It usually takes 3 hours for me I suggest you get on the ball. He'll just have to wait alittle longer for his "frijoles"...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Look on the bag to see how long it takes but, I think you have enough time. Just do the quick soak (I think that's about and hour) and then they cook for about an hour to an hour and a half.
    Kathryn620

Answer by Kathryn620 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The quick soak is about 1.5-2 hours, then cooking another 1.5-2 hours, so he may have to wait a bit. I found that if I soak them overnight in the fridge, then rinse them and put them in the pot to cook in the morning, let them cool and refrigerate them, they taste much better. You can take them out of the fridge about an hour before you want to eat, and just simmer them. The flavors blend together better from the seasonings that way.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• 3-5 hours, depending on how old they are

Answer by rkoloms at 10:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2009