Sunscreen allergy?!?!?!

So my daughter has broke out in hives after using Coopertone Baby sunscreen. She is 10 months old. Does anyone have any other ideas on sunscreens that may be good for her sensitive skin?

anglgrl03

Asked by anglgrl03 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. My daughter can ONLY use California Baby as far as I have found. We tried EVERY other childrens sunscreen that is at the stores right now, and she breaks out in a horrible itchy rash every time we try one. She ends up on Benadryl for a few days. Last summer my sister introduced me to California Baby products, which is what she uses on her daughter who has severe eczema. They are all natural, safe, and the sunscreen is titanium dioxide, which is the BEST sunscreen ingredient you can possibly use. Go to www.californiababy.com and check it out. It is a bit more expensive, and I don't know what stores carry it, but it is SO worth it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• you might try something fragrence free, or from a different brand. I use huggies little swimmers sunblock for my son. It's really nice! Spf 50, waterproof for up to 80 minutes in water and fragrance free! Plus I don't think it was too expensive!
    thaddysmom

Answer by thaddysmom at 6:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My middle dd is allergic and every sunny season we have to do a trial test to see what works. We used coppertone waterbabies for year but when she turned 3 got hives from it. The next year is was bull frog that caused issues. Now she can use the sprays but not the lotions. I know my daughter is older then yours but they change the ingredients a little every year so be careful!
    Dodgermommy

Answer by Dodgermommy at 6:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009