What bills should be first priority?

The electric, water, insurance, phone, rent, and car are all due. I can't afford 1 at least, maybe 2. Which should I definitely pay and which should I try to hold off on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• rent and water is important
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would pay everything but the phone. You need the electric and water. You need the roof over your head, and you need to pay for the car so you can get to work, and it needs to be insured. I would just have to do without the phone for the month. Call the phone company and at least tell them what is going on. Sometimes it will take them awhile to turn it off anyway.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Rent and Car insurance I think. If you skip those you can get evicted and lose your car. But the others you can still have, just pay late.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Rent and Electric.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would pay the ones you need to survive: rent and electric first, then water and car and insurance. I'd call anyone you can't pay and explain what's going on. They might be willing to work with you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Rent, Water, Electric. You can work out payment plans with almost any of your bills. Alot of places will help with public service too.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• RENT!! Since it is the largest payment it is better not to fall behind on that!! If you fall behind it will be SO hard to catch back up on it. That is how I lost my house a few years ago.

You can always try to take the rest of the bills to charity for help. (but look for help BEFORE they are actually cut off. Many places won't help after the disconnect) It won't do you much good to have water and electric if you don't have a home to live in.

Good Luck!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• OH YEAH.... and second INSURANCE! My ex just let his lapse and the very day after they canceled (ten days after the due date) he had a car wreck. He totalled a BRAND NEW CAR! That just happened a week or so ago, so I don't know what is going to happen to him.... but he called me and said he wasn't going to have any child support money for a while!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Rent, insurance,car, water and electric can make payment arrangements if you are behind. Water normally doesn't get turned off, it just gets added to your tax bill. Phone would be last and if you have any other bills, they will just have to wait.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• pay the rent, car note and insurance, the electric, water and gas can wait .... you dont have to worry bout them til you get a disconnection notice and you got about 30 days before they send you one. pay something on your phone bill if its a cell phone, land lines can be arranged.
    aprildawn27

Answer by aprildawn27 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009