Can someone please define this for me (Ignorant Bliss)...

Should I take it personal or was this person being a jerk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You need to be more specific.
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on what context that it was in. They are basically telling you that you are uneducated, and blissful in that ignorance if that makes sense. I would be offended personally, but if it was someone that was close to you, perhaps they were making a joke?
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It also means innocence..but it is normally meant as an insult.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Ignorant is not always an insult....ignorant simply means not knowing and bliss is bliss so they could have meant you dont know and you are cool with it or are you sure they didnt say ignorant
    b---h.......now ive used that one and.....yep it was an insult. if you didnt misunderstand them dont worry but if you think you may have misunderstod, call them up and cuss their ass clean out.
    aprildawn27

Answer by aprildawn27 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• depends on how it's was used..
    ex.. a is talking to b about a's bf.. b says she knows some things about him and his past. a ignores b, and says how much she loves him, etc. in this case if b said ignorance is bliss.. she means that a is blinded by her love for her bf and can't see that he's a liar and a cheat (even after finding very condemning evidence)

or case two.. two adults are in the kitchen talking about their bedroom relationships with their SO's. The first adults 6 year old walks in and doesn't know what they were talking about before she walked in.. thankfully she was ignorantly blissful.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Ignorance Bliss. I love that saying. It means that you don't have to worry or be stressed by a situation because you have no first hand knowledge of it. They aren't saying you are stupid or dumb. It almost implies envy. I usually say "the blissfulness of ignorance". Be happy, no worries! It really isn't a bad thing. I love the bliss of ignorance related to some problems.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009