Manual breast pump - Avent vs Medela

I've read the reviews of both brands on store websites. I'd like to know your opinion. If you have tried them, which do you like best and why?

sd1107

Asked by sd1107 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the Avent, and I really liked it (although I never tried anything else)

Kaylee really took the the bottles that came with the kit, and it was really easy to clean/take apart/put back together
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• medela by far is the superior product, even hospitals use the Medela.
    Liv32

Answer by Liv32 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I used Avent & I have to admit, a lot of it was price. I only used it express some milk to freeze for just in case & I used it a few times when DD would go on a marathon sleep session & I would need the relief. It did the job just fine although I think if I had needed to pump more, I would have gotten something more efficient. It really depends on how much you plan to use it.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I couldn't get the Avent to work for me, but that may have been because it was used...I got a free medela manual pump from WIC and also from my LC in the hospital...they worked pretty good. Manual pumps are harder to get a letdown. take twice the time to pump and more work, BUT they are better than nothing. If you are going to use it alot you wanna get an electric...double electric
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009