Mexican Lasagna

OH MY GOD! This is the best food ever! I can't remember who on here I snagged the recipe from, but THANK YOU! It was incredible!!!!! Y'all need to try it.

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Can you share the recipe? I am trying to think of something to make for dinner. Thanks. You make it sound good.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You mind finding out the recipe and sharing that with us? I love trying out new things
    1HotMama2009

Answer by 1HotMama2009 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Mexican Lasagna
    6 cups or 2 cans black beans
    1 stub sour cream
    1 pkg taco seasoning/ Mexican rice seasoning
    1 package corn tortillas
    1 onion
    4 cloves garlic
    1 yellow squash
    1 zucchini
    1 pkg baby portabella mushrooms
    1 jalapeno
    Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in wok/frying pan. Dice the veggies into small bite size pieces. First put in the garlic and onions. Let those cook for about 4 minutes before adding squash and zuchinni. Add those and let cook until they get a little tender. Add mushrooms and jalapeno last. Cook until all veggies are tender. Remove from heat. In a bowl you will mix the sour cream, 2 cans of black beans and the taco seasoning.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You can mash the beans a little bit in the bowl before adding the sour cream and seasoning. Line a 9x12 baking pan with a layer of corn tortillas. I let them overlap. Spoon a layer of the veggies and spread across. Spoon a layer of the sour cream bean mix and spread across. Add another layer of the tortillas. Keep this up until you run out. I usually finish it off with tortillas on the top, but I have done it both ways depending on how much veggies i have! Bake about 35 minutes until the tortillas are crisp. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and green onions!!

• Here it is gals...........my friend made it with shredded chicken instead of beef. It's awesome either way.

MEXICAN LASAGNA

1 lb. ground beef
    1 (12 oz.) jar thick and chunky salsa
    6 Tostada shells or halved Taco shells
    1 c. refried beans
    1 c. sour cream
    4 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
    Shredded lettuce, for garnish

In skillet, brown beef; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa. Spread 1/4 cup salsa in 10 inch pie plate; top with 3 tostada or taco shells. Top with half of each of the beans, meat mixture, sour cream, and cheese. Repeat layers; cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with lettuce, remaining salsa and additional sour cream. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• However I used flour tortillas instead of crunchy.
    TheDiva320