My infant is having trouble pooping

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• breastfed, bottlefed??
    Liv32

Answer by Liv32 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Talk to your doctor. I also used Little Tummies when my son was a baby & went several days without any "action."
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• this sounds gross and wrong but it works great. get a bar of soap and break off a chunk and stick it in his butt, and the poop comes out almost right oway so you have to be ready for it,
    it works everytime my baby has a problem pooping, my husband was like totally amazed how well it worked good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• White Karo Syrup, but it in a bottle with formula or whatever you give him, and shake it up ..............about a teaspoon full. It will loosen him up by tomorrow evening.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• putting a scented object not meant for the rectum is extremely dangerous. If you put anything up there use a suppository, they are MEANT to go up there..yikes!
    Liv32

Answer by Liv32 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• my daughter had the same thing and her doctor use a thermater just the tip of it and stuck it in her butt not far just back and forth and she had a big one she was a about a week old and there is gass relief for babys too
    Anonymous

• this is gonna sound a little weird but i come from the old school and my great grandmother was able to show me a few tricks before she passed. first im not big on meds cause i work in pharmacy so try giving the little on about 1/4 teaspoon cooking oil..... told ya it was gonna sound weird but it works...mix it in juice or formula.... prune juice is good and so are bananas.....ive tried them all and the oil gets it done
    aprildawn27

Answer by aprildawn27 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• there are natural soaps out there and you don't stick it way up there you bareley put it in and the poop comes out, I did it with both my kids and they are just fine, and I also told my dr. and he said if it work then thats great. Its up to you what you do but if you want fast releif for your baby this works great
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My son had this problem from birth, we did the soapy water trick, which did work in cases of emergencies. When you see your child in pain like that and struggling you will try anything. But finally our Dr had us try pear juice mixed with formula. We did and it worked great. My son was going smoothly. Hope something works for your little one, good luck!
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 6:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• and just get some apple juice not mixed with anything and that will help him go fast aswell, I give apple juice even now cuz he is starting to eat table food and that will constipate him
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2009