Zach is 5 and he won't go to the potty in the bathroom. We've tried everything! What do I do?

Zachsstepmom08

Asked by Zachsstepmom08 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my son litle over 5 before he got potty train his teacher told us to just put him in under wear n no more pull up n the teacher used a timer on him for every 30 send or minutes n maybe u can give him stickers for peeing in the tolet or buy some little cars n give him to him when he goes pee or poop good luck i know how hard it is
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Where DOES he go to the bathroom?
    Is he still in pull-ups or does he go in the potty but not the bathroom?
    Is this all day or only at night?
    Is he home full-time or in day-care/kindergarten?
    What does HE say about not using the bathroom?
    auroragold

Answer by auroragold at 8:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Do what ilovemyson did, but make him clean up the mess while he's still wet...my on did that and the only reason is because he didnt wanna stop what he was doing to go potty...i also told him that if he wanted to make friends in preschool he had to stop wetting his pants
    it worked
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• what i did for my son was put him in big boy pants. let him pick them out (make sure they are his favorit one) and when he had an accident i acted like i throw them out. yes he will cry but after a while he was like i want them and i can do this.
    crazymom412

Answer by crazymom412 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2009