Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need some helpful opinions please....

i had an eye appointment yesterday. as i was leaving my home, i got a call from the office and apparently the dr didnt come in and they could not find her. they had left several messages and still had not heard from her. so i got an appointment for today. i had the first appointment of the day. i go and while im there find out that dr isnt going in again today and had waited until after they had opened and started seeing people before she called. she is the only dr in the office. she was booked solid yesterday and today and now her office managers have to call and cancel all the appointments again. they kept telling me that they think i should call the board of opthomology and tell them whats going on because she is being unprofessional. but i dont know how i feel about doing that. what would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (7)
  • I would find a new doc

    Answer by heather.darin at 6:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

  • Id find a new dr as well.

    Answer by sailfishmommy at 6:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

  • First I'd get all of my families copies of records including records from other doctors practices that this goon might have. Then I'd find another doc. I don't think I'd make a complaint. You personally don't have proof of medical malpractice you only have proof of time mismanagement. But still why should you put up with this. Go some where where a doc wants to practice medicine not practice mismanagement of time.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

  • Anon has a good suggestion, get your records and then find a new doctor. This doctor may have some problems, so reporting her doesn't seem right, in fact her office is being unprofessional if they recommended it.

    Answer by Bmat at 6:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

  • I agree with Bmat. I think the office staff is being unprofessional for suggesting it. I would just find a new doctor. Great suggestion from Anom about getting the records, though.


    Answer by Cindy18 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

  • Get a new doctor. Really, there is obviously some serious tension in that office - and do you want to be worked on by a doctor that isn't reliable and tended to by a disgruntled staff?

    The doctor is the doctor and if she's the ONLY doctor that works there... then it's HER practice - her staff should all be fired for suggesting that you call the state board - that's unprofessional. I certainly would file a complaint - but it would be against doctor AND staff.

    Answer by PaceMyself at 7:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

  • I would do as they said.. A woman in her position normally has an aide that fills in for them during emergencies.. if she can't even get someone to fill in.. she's definitely not being professional.

    I would also look for another dr.'s office.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.