Sigh, is it selfish to be so sad?

SO my neighbor Had a her baby on sunday and he is SOOOO cute but seeing him made me so sad. After my last one I had my tubes tied becouse the doc said my body couldn't handle another baby and I was lucky to get the last one here but that doesn't make it any easier to know That I am done having any. This baby was so tiny and cute and when I had my 6 month next to him mine looked HUGE and it just remined me how fast he is growing ! I could still cry just thinking about it is it always this hard when you know they are your last to watch them grow?

knepppi

Asked by knepppi at 6:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have asked a bunch of women that I know about this and I think it is a VERY common feeling after you know that you won't be having any more babies. I've been there so many times myself. Its like baby fever but worse because you know that it will never be again (unless you spend a ton of money to have another!)

Big Hugs to you.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Enjoy what you have. There is a time for everything. Soon the neighbor's baby will be huge. The years fly by so fast you have to be thankful for today. Some people have no children at all. You have those memories to cherish of having a tiny baby.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 6:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Oh mommy you truly truly have so much to look forward to every second your yours and baby's futures. My oldest is 25 yo, then 21, then 17 yo. Still at their ages I am parenting. My role changes with the circumstances but still I am parenting. I am sorry for your sadness of the prospect of not a second baby. But LOOK TOUCH LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR BODY MADE!!!!! It is amazing mommy really truly that you cooked that baby of yours. As for others, maybe a specific support group about that could help. Maybe other medical opinions from specialists could give you insight as to the finality of one child. I have two inlaws with one child each, now they're late teens. One child needs mama as much as more than one child. Look in your own eyes just look hard and you'll see your self worth and the need for you for baby and for our world. You're needed just as you are. Write a book on your parenting adventures, a blog.
    Anonymous

• See if some time you can volunteer in a church sunday school while baby is in another classroom or nursery. Volunteer with 4H youngest kids or older and get some one to watch baby at some point. Lots of ways for one child to interact a lot with others with the parent doing volunteer work with children.
    Anonymous

• I was very blessed to have three babies. between two and three I lost 3 babies and they said I was lucky my youngest made it I feel selfish wanting more becouse I have already been blessed and I am grateful for what I have everyday. coming from a family of 7 I guess I always thought my family would be bigger I think it is just the fact he is growing so big and so independant so fast and I can't turn back the clock and make it slow down I like the volenteering ideas though it might help the craving .
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 7:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2009