Do you live in a small apartment/house?

We live in a decent sized apartment but we have more stuff than room for it and we especially have no room in our kitchen or bathroom for anything. How do you save space?

MrsDuff

Asked by MrsDuff at 6:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• When we lived in our condo/townhouse prior to moving to our much larger home, I became the "queen of space saving!" LOL

* We put new shelves and organizers in all of our closets--which TRIPLED storage space!

* Used under bed storage containers for extra linens and bulky blankets.

* My older son's bed was a platform bed with storage drawers underneath--pretty much held all of his clothes--he was a toddler then.

* In the kitchen we bought a large freestanding wooden pantry to store baby/toddler foods, cereals and bulk items, freeing up cabinet space which was used for dishes, storage containers, and infrequently used small appliances.

* We had large TV wall units in the living room and bedroom with tons of hidden storage and shelf space for collectibles, books, CDs/DVDs.

* Large Hope Chest in our bedroom was great for bulky sweaters

* Large trunk style coffee and end tables stored magazines, bo
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• when i lived im a small home before we got a bigger place to save space. i bought buckets with lits and put everything in there , like clothes, dishes, toys and but the bugets in a conner or in a back room where no one seen them
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 6:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• We used to live in a tiny 2 bedroom apt, but have since upgraded to a 4 bedroom..but we used a lot of shelving! Those closet organizers, bookshelves everywhere, shelves on wall, etc. I found it really did save a lot of space!
    Anonymous

• I use to live in a small townhome and now we have a huge house, but I did the same thing...we had a garage at the townhouse and I had to put half my bedroom set in the garage as well as tons of other stuff so... I bought plastic storage containers. They stack up easily on one another and it gives you so much more space. By the clear ones too, so you can see what's inside it makes looking for things alot easier.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i have a small place now for 6 people. i have no help but I liked reading the tips. Good luck. One thing I do that helps me is everyhting I dont use every day I give away, it helps me with the clutter.
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009