am i forgiven right?

so my mil and i dont get along and out of anger i told her that i dont want her seeing my son..yes this was wrong. well i realized later how wrong i was. so i called her and i said that we dont need to see one another.. but i was wrong and sorry and im not going to deny my child his grandparents..that would be wrong. well she continue to tell that im crazy know one in the family likes me and.. im a phyco and its a fact.. i told her that the only opinion i care abt god jesus my child and my husband.. i told her that if she really feels that way she should ask the holy spirit to be with me . she says she is a chritian not sit there and talk trash and judge me. anywys.. i am sorry and i have apologized to god and her. and i told her that i wil not bad mouth to my son either i hope she does the same.. she hung up on me.. but as far as god is concerned if in my heart i want to do the right thing i am forgiven? does that make sense

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You have done your part. The rest is up to your MIL. Don't fret, the ball is in her court.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You have apologized and all is forgiven, it is up to your MIL to decide if she is going to keep it going.
    Anonymous

• Ironically I just wrote this a few hrs ago... Yes you are forgiven by the way..

Forgiveness and Love

What is forgiveness?
    It is love letting go of the wrongs done to us
    It is love opening our eyes to see that we are
    Completely free
    It is love giving us what we do not deserve
    It is love loving us

The Amazing Son died on the cross to teach
    Us how to love and live
    Love endures all things, bears all things,
    Love trusts and forgives

It is Your love that restores broken hearts
    Back to life and gives us wings to fly

When we forgive we love and
    When we love we forgive
    For You are Love and Forgiveness

©Jennifer Shannon 6/16/2009
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• YOU HAVE DONE ALL THAT YOU CAN DO.

Answer by older at 7:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I know what it's like to say things you don't mean. I also know what it's like dealing with personalities like that. Apologizing is important but you also have to forgive your MIL. Very important and sometimes very hard to do. Mark 11:25 says "And when you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your [failings and shortcomings]."
    Paulam515

Answer by Paulam515 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• One thing I will say, I have a MIL who has been very nasty in the past. She still isn't a ray of sunshine. She says things about me all the time to my step-daughters. I know of lots of horrible things she has said about me and, to my knowledge, she has no idea that I know about it. I have never said anything to her. I just ignore it because I know she is a sad little person.

However, if my daughter ever stays with her and I believe she is talking that way to my own daughter, she will not be staying with her again. In fact, she would not be alone with her ever again. I will not tolerate her bad-talking me to my own child.

And I suggest you keep your eyes and ears open for that sort of behavior. And if she ever talks bad about you to your son, you have every right to keep him from her. That kind of toxic behavior is not good for your relationship with your son.

Good luck. I've been dealing with this for five years.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 8:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The problem with forgiving a negative behavior is that it encourages it to CONTINUE. Mainly because there are no consequences. Had you stuck to your guns and limited contact, she might have realized that this behavior is not acceptable in either a christian or a non-christian, and that it was costing her a relationship with her grandchildren. IMO, you made a BAD mistake. You backed down and now she has the upper hand. She will control your relationship from this moment on, until you follow through with you threats. You're in for a bumpy ride!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I think you are forgiven by God but from her it odoesnt sound as such.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I have to agree with witchqueen. If you said something out of anger to her, that's one thing. However, if she truly is not meant to be around your children, there is nothing wrong with keeping them away from her until she can shape up. I don't think God would ever fault you for trying to protect your little ones. Honestly, DH ought to be handling things like this. She will never take things said by you in the same way as she would by her own son. By backing down, you've given her the upper-hand and are permitting her to behave in any way that she wants. If her behavior is intolerable and harmful, protect your children. It sounds to me like it's her own fault she is upset and offended and not by any of your doing.

God forgives those who ask. He forgives you before you ask (but it is important to ask anyway). You need to give God the control by learning to then, forgive yourself.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:22 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yes, you are forgiven, but are you also big enough to forgive?

Discount everything witchypoo says ... bumpy rides are only taken by harpies who have nothing better to do than stoke the fires of dissension. BE BIGGER THAN THAT for your child's sake. You said you initiated the incident out of anger and when you calmed down tried to rectify it. You did right. God will honor that and so will your MIL ... eventually.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2009