Anyone having issuses with their little boy saying he wish he was born a girl?

rysmom23

Asked by rysmom23 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• noo but my boy is all ways trying to waer my shoes and carry my pruse and wearing my bras and clothes. and that worrys me
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 7:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Did you ask him why he said this? It may just be a simple reason like maybe he has seen women get better or more timely service in certain situations and wants that benefit too. Ya know?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Is there anyone in the family who prefers girls? A grandparent? A favorite aunt or uncle? It could be nothing.

But if it isn't, you are going to have to support your son and be there and make sure that he knows that you love him no matter what.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 7:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would definitely be more interested in finding out why he feels that way. If its a sudden thing, I would probably take it less seriously than if he had been exhibiting homosexual and/or transgendered behaviors all along. Either way, I wouldn't "worry" about. I would just spend my time trying to help him through this, while not trying to change him.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 9:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• stop letting him watch the wiggles
    Anonymous

• You didn't actually say that your child has done this. Are you asking for help or just curious?
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My son does say this every once in a while and has for over a year, I have him in counceling and I love him and would support him in every way, however he is 6 and always wants to be a girl in what ever he is pretending to be at the moment wether its princess liae or hannah montana. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who had some experience with this issue. my biggest fear is him one day not feeling accepted, being bullied, or something worse if in fact one day he decided to live his life any differently (in years to come of course). As a mom you know you want to put them in a little bubble and protect them in every aspect of their lives!
    rysmom23

Answer by rysmom23 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I think that if he acts and feels like this then he will probly get teased and picked(it is just the way it goes) but you stand up with him and teach him how to handle it and be true to himself and he will be okay.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 9:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2009