Why do these republican groups keep calling me???

I put myself on a do not call list yet i keep getting these phone calls from republican groups. The one that just called asked me what i felt was the most dangrous policy from the obama administration. Annoyed I answered "nothing thank you and goodbye." The one I got last week was about abortion. Is it because i live in oklahoma? whatever the cause i hope it will stop soon.

jenniamigo

Asked by jenniamigo at 7:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• political groups, government agencies and charities are exempt from the Do Not Call laws. You need to tell them to add you to their DNC list when they call.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Just tell them "Put me on your Do Not Call list" and it will stop.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Because they are desperate hehe.
    Anonymous

• This is why I never sign up to win the brand new car at whatever event I go to. If you notice on the form in small print that by entering your name you are authorizing them to use your name for different things. Yeah. Those "free" things never come without a cost.
    Anonymous

• probably same reason the damn dems keep callin us
    Anonymous

• IDK, the same reason Democratic groups keep calling me, maybe?!?!
    Anonymous

• Hmmm, you must have given money or filled out a survey at one time. Send them my way, I'll talk to um.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I actually worked for a VERY short while for a company that placed calls like that. They'd try and get you worked up over a bill going through congress then get you to write a letter on the persons behalf. It was just a job, but it was frustrating because I noticed that they usually hired people from conservative states (I'm in Wyoming) assuming that we were conservative. I wasn't, and I had to listen to people make all these uninformed opinions of off information that was biased and not always 100% accurate. Being the political person that I am (and a liberal independent) I couldn't sit on the phone and feed these people this information knowing it was wrong.

But their call lists are based off a little box you can check when you register to vote that says you agree to be contacted regarding political issues. At least the company I worked for made sure to get Republicans only on their lists.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 8:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Maybe they feel sorry for you and are trying to brighten your life.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2009