So, all you college-goin' mommas...

...what career are you pursuing? I am working on getting my Bachelor's in Social Work. Only 3 more years - then it's onto my Master's! Why are you so interested in that choice of study?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 7:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am curently a sophmore at Purdue University studying the same. My interest have always been in social work. Wanting to change things and create different resources for people. Since I dont have a lot of money, I give and provide resources for my friends who are in crisis as much as I can.
    loyaljazz

Answer by loyaljazz at 7:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I havnt started school yet but im going to be starting this year for sure! Im going to be a teacher. Not sure what grade yet but i know that i want to teach always have. I like being able to help kids learn new things and help them out when they need it =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I was going for my teaching degree.. but am going to take a year off to go to Continental School of Beauty, so I can find a better paying job around here while I finish my degree in teaching. (right now I make 22k a year.. and the average for cosmetology around here is 30-50k.). So pending on where I go, it will be a 8k-28k pay increase..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Early Childhood Education (Teaching 2nd graders, hopefully.)

I chose this b/c I believe teachers play a huge role in the lives of children and I want to be a positive influence. The early years lay the foundation for the child's education.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I will graduate with my BS in nutritional science in december and start the masters program in january.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am going for my certif. for medical transcription right now... just something quick and to get me started in the medical field... still not really sure what i want to go fully into just yet...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I had been on the path to become a HS Spanish teacher, but that's fallen by the wayside. I haven't been in school in almost 4 years. I got my AA in Liberal Studies (with Honors, thank you very much!) and I'm thinking about going back for a Business degree.

I never thought I'd get promoted to be a Corporate Training Manager at my last job, and I proved myself wrong! I was in charge of handling the training and development for 1/2 of the country! I made great money, and was able to hang with the bigwigs without a college degree. I was so glad to have a boss that believed in me, and it was something I've always wanted to do. If I get my Business degree or MBA, I'm sure to further my goals!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 8:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Im goin for a BS in Psych...im excited..was supposed to graduate this Fall but ofcourse theyre not offering what i need this semester so i have to push it off yet again!! I love Psychology..ive learned soo much, and it just relates so much to everyday life...and the Pay after you get your masters is AWESOME!!! talk about moving up and going into private practice eventually..im thinkin marriage counseling....not sure exactly....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009