Luau themed birthday party ideas

I am throwing a birthday party for my 6year old and my 11 month old daughters next month. My oldest asked to celebrate their birthdays together as they were born on the 6th and 7th.

It's a luau theme, so I am kinda lost on party food ideas and games the older kids can play She has invited a ton of children from her class. And, since the baby will be turning one, there will also be a ton of adults. That being said, I don't want things to be cheesy. And suggestions are welcome, since all I've done so far toward this is send the invites. I need to get all the ball.

Thanks,

tkangel

Asked by tkangel at 7:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Holidays

• Pinapple and ham pizza-(or whatever other toppings you like ). Shaved ice-variety of colors. Chicken and pinapple shish kabobs. Hoola-hoop contest, ring toss, but use the leis instead of rings. Have some grass skirts and leis for the kids to wear and teach them some hula dancing moves lol. Limbo is always fun. Pinata full of candy is always a hit.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Check out www.oriental.com

that website is a catalog store called Oriental Trading, they sometimes have entire catalogs based on JUST Luau themed parties, from favors, games, decor, plates everything and anything at AMAZING PRICES!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• See both the Luau and Beach Themes on this link http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html 

Play limbo, hula skirt dance contest, decorate treatbags with hawaiin stickers, pinata, kids tatooes, bubbles, beach ball volleyball, serve blue hawaiin punch or pina colada without alcohol, pineapple with dip, see the link above for these items.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 11:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009