Help.. Possible Hand, Foot Mouth Disease....

My daughter has been having high fevers almost 104 and bad bad diarrhea. I took her to the doctor the day before yesterday because I thought she had a yeast infection on her bottom and I was concerned about the diarrhea. The doc said she didn't have a yeast infection and if the diarrhea continued to take in a stool sample.. Well, the diarrhea is a little bit not as often, but she has these blisters on her bottom. They started as little red dots now they are forming in to blisters.. One is kinda big.. I'm just wondering is it possible that she could have hand foot mouth? with out sores in her mouth? or hands and feet? I know it has to run its course but I'm just wondering if my doc missed something..

Mommy-2-Jabe06

Asked by Mommy-2-Jabe06 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Health

• my dd had that just on her mouth and it was HORRIBLE. Never on her hands or feet and none on her bottom either. She also never had a fever... To me, it doesn't sound like hand, foot, mouth but i'm also not a dr. It took about 3 weeks for it to heal and we had to put her on antibiotics and it still took 2 weeks.
    Did the dr see these red dots??? It sounds like the effects of hand foot mouth but i've never heard of it on the bottom. Is there a nurse you can call and ask? I would say try to take her back and have dr look again if you don't have a nurse you can call.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I thought that it was a yeast infection on her bottom, but the doc said that if it was it was a very mild case and told me to put butt paste on it... which I know inst going to help yeast.. Since then the redness went away and all these small blisters have came up. Shes got one on her nose now.. Yesterday was a very bad day for her. She cried all day.. Shes only 20 months. She doesn't want to eat hardly anything and my daughter LOVES to eat... I looked it up online thats why It thought maybe she had it cause it says bumps don't just happen in the mouth, and hands its on the bottom too... Thanks for answering!!!
    Mommy-2-Jabe06

Answer by Mommy-2-Jabe06 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009