• In the Spotlight:

When will my father come out of unconsciousness?

My father is dying of lung cancer and he's not getting enough oxogen to the brain which is causing the unconsciousness.Will he come out of it tomorrow but have this keep happening or will he just keep being unconscious?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 7:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Health

• I watched my father die from lung cancer last year.  He lost consciousness a few hours before he passed.

I am so sorry for your loss.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I should say the lung cancer is closing on his lungs making it hard for him to breathe.He's not able to get enough air to his brain,he's on oxogen and the doctor said he'd have one month to live.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 7:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Sparrows, there's no way anyone here can give you an answer. But if he's end stage, he may be on enough meds to keep him under, and believe me when I say that's so much better for him.

I watched both of my parents die of two different kinds of cancer, and for both of them the last days were terribly painful whenever they were conscious.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Can you talk to hospice? They're very very good with support and explanations. And they're on call 24/7 for phone and personal care. Prayers for you and your dad. Being unconscious is like being in a deep deep rest. And that's important. I can see he means the world to you. You can tell him that even now.
    Anonymous

• My father just died 15 minutes ago,it's a shock to all of us, we didn't know how bad it was until now.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 7:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• wow im so sorry for your loss...ive seen my grandmother suffer thru breast cancer. its not easy...
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2009